Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

It is a slow, snowy Tuesday in the office so I thought I would catch up on some blogging. The semester has gone surprisingly smoothly so far. I have yet to be too stressed out, and am keeping my fingers crossed that things stay that way. We just returned from a long weekend, so that definitely helped keep me sane.

Thursday night a bunch of us went out for fellow Ambassador, TJ's 21st birthday. There was a great turnout and it was nice to spend time with everyone. I also spent a lot of time working at Banana Republic and getting homework done this weekend, but ditched the studying on Sunday for a Valentine's Day celebration with some wonderful fellow singles.

But now it's time to get back to the daily grind. I had my Women in Literature class this morning, which I absolutely love so far. There are only twelve of us and there is a great dynamic between us and the professor. Then, I had an InterFuture meeting, at which we discussed our timeline from now until the end of the semester. Although I have been back from conducting my research in London for almost a year now, I am still working on the United States portion of my study, and need to finish up my project as a whole. I am aiming to have it turned in by mid-April. Eek! So much to do before then.

One of the most terrifying, yet thrilling realizations I recently had was that I will be leaving for Teach for America training (also known as Institute) on June 8th (just two weeks after graduation!). I am sad I won't be able to spend the summer with everyone in the city, but am beyond ready to embark on the next phase of my life. As much as I don't think I can take myself seriously enough to have a real person job and wear real person clothes and surround myself with other real people (the more I think about it, though, I'm not even sure what "real" means) I feel prepared. If there is one thing I have learned after almost eight semesters as an undergraduate at Suffolk, it is that I am capable of more than I ever thought possible. There have been times I have wanted to curl up in a ball and die (difficult classes, roommate issues, InterFuture conferences), but there is nothing more fulfilling than surviving all of these things, and being a better person as a result. That is how I know I'm ready.

So, here's to being ready for life. Or the next part of it, anyways. Enjoy the snow.

No comments: