Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hello February!

I've been seriously slacking on my blogging this semester. With the new paperless system in the office, things have been a little hectic, and there is always tons of work to do.

The start to the semester has been an exciting one, though. I am loving all my classes so far (even my science requirement. Weird), and have enjoyed getting back into a routine. I worked a lot over Winter Break, but still felt like I had a lot of down time. It's nice to be back.

Since I do not work as an SU101 Teaching Assistant in the spring, I have a little more free time this semester. I decided to go back to writing for the Voice, and my roommate, Sarah and I have picked up our radio show for Suffolk Free Radio again (www.suffolk.edu/radio Fridays at 4:00!). This week, for the Voice, I wrote about an improv show I attended last week in the C. Walsh Theatre. Suffolk's improv troupe, Seriously Bent, performed with cast members from the Improv Asylum, and best of all, the show was free!

In very exciting and relieving news, a couple weeks ago I found out that I have been accepted as a 2010 Teach For America Corps Member! I have been assigned to teach elementary in the Mississippi Delta region, so I will be living in either Mississippi or Arkansas. It is going to be a huge change, but I am absolutely thrilled! The scariest part is that I leave for training June 8th, just two weeks after graduation. It is all going to happen so fast!

I am trying not to get ahead of myself, though. I still have a semester to get through, an InterFuture project to complete (eek!), and an internship to get through (starting at the end of the month I am returning to Teen Voices until May).

No comments: