Monday, September 28, 2009

Goodbye, September!

Good Morning, all!

It's officially fall here in Boston, and I really can't get over the fact that this Thursday marks the start of October. September flew by, and we are already three weeks into the semester! It has been a good start to senior year, though, and I am looking forward to the rest of it.

I have been having a great time exploring Porter Square, the area in Somerville where I live with my three roommates. It only takes me half an hour to get to school, and there are a ton of great little restaurants and shops near my apartment. Last night, my roommate, Sarah and I went to an adorable little diner and ate SO much. Over my past three years in the city, I think most of my money has gone towards food!

As far as commuting on the T goes, I have been pretty lucky, but on Friday I needed to come into work to give a tour and there was a disabled train in Harvard Station (the stop after mine), and it was going to be there for half an hour. So, after making various frantic phone calls and finding a cab, I made it into the city and found out that Meg was nice enough to bring the tour group out for me. I met up with them and took the tour the rest of the way, but it was a very nerve racking morning. Thanks for saving my tour, Meg!

This weekend I worked alongside seven other Ambassadors at the Students with Students Information session. We all love working this event, as it allows us the chance to really connect with prospective students and parents. A panel of Ambassadors spent the first half of the event speaking about various aspects of life at Suffolk, and then we took the families out on campus tours. The weather was great, and overall I think it was a hit! I am already looking forward to the next one on October 17th!

On Friday I will be starting my internship for the fall semester. I am going to be an Editorial Mentor at Teen Voices, a magazine made by, for, and about teen girls. I am going to be working on a section of the magazine with a group of high school girls who are on the Editorial Staff as they interview, write, and edit for the magazine. I think it's going to be a really great experience and it will certainly keep me busy!

Time to get some work done in the office. Happy fall!

1 comment: