Monday, September 21, 2009

Busy, busy

Happy Monday, blog readers!

I can't believe we are already in our third week of the semester. So far, my classes have been intense, but I am enjoying them. I am not looking forward to reading 200 pages for Contemporary British Fiction tonight, though.

I think I can justify my procrastination, though, because this Friday was my 21st birthday. My parents came in for dinner and my best friend from home, Jamie, came into the city to go out with me! I was so happy she was here for it and that I got to spend my birthday with so many wonderful people! Then, on Saturday Haley and Rachel hosted an Ambassador gathering at their apartment. It's always nice to get together with everyone outside of the office. A good time was had by all!

On Sunday, I woke up bright and early to go to the InterFuture Research Colloquium. At this event, my fellow InterFuture classmates and I presented our findings from the research we conducted abroad. It was great to see everyone again and hear about how their research went. It was also nice to get feedback from staff members and get into the mindset of doing the United States portion of my study.

This week looks like it will be a busy one. Today I need to buy my tickets for the Sean Kingston and Girl Talk concert hosted by Program Council and tomorrow is the Temple Street Student Activities Fair where I will be working at the Venture Literary Magazine table. The Fair gives students an opportunity to learn about different clubs on campus, and to get free food and prizes. It's always a chaotic, but fun day. I also have a ton of planning to do for my SU101 class on Thursday. My instructor and I are assigning the Suffolk Scavenger Hunt to our students and it is my favorite class of the semester! We send them out in small groups to search for different places on campus. It was a huge success with our class last year.

That's it for now. Time to get back to work in the office. Enjoy the week!

No comments: