Monday, September 14, 2009

American Soil

Looking back on my last blog post, I can't believe it was almost five months ago that I returned home from London. The summer flew by and we are already getting back into the swing of things on campus. After a semester of doing my own research on my own time, it has been strange taking classes again, but I think it's going to be a good year. After all, I am a senior!

Coming back from London was difficult. Of course, I was a little homesick while I was there, but I would have stayed there all summer if I could have. I came home with $0 in my bank account and went back to work right away. I never stopped thinking about London, though, and can't wait to get back there as soon as possible. One major highlight of the summer was when my host family from London came to Boston to visit some old friends. It had only been a few months since I last saw them, but I already missed them so much and loved getting to see them.

On September 1st, I moved into an apartment with three other girls in Porter Square. It's about half an hour from school and I have loved exploring the area. And it sure beats commuting! As for classes, they seem pretty good so far. I am taking two English classes for my major and two Philosophy classes for my minor. I also recently got a job at Borders to that will keep me busy, too!

Now, it's time to get back to work in the office! Here is to a memorable (and hopefully not too difficult!) senior year!

No comments: