Friday, October 10, 2008

ELEPHANTS!

Happy Friday, blog readers! It is a gorgeous day in the city and I am looking especially forward to getting out of the office and giving a campus tour in a half hour.

Aside from catching a mild cold, I have really enjoyed this week. Lately, I was starting to feel discouraged by my commute. I felt like I was always on the train and never getting anything done. And, of course, I was sleep deprived. After a satisfying hiberation last weekend, though, I have begun to feel much better.

On Wednesday, I went to free college night at the New England Aquarium. I got to gawk at penguins for a while and was even able to see an IMAX fIlm (Wild Ocean) for free. Definitely a successful evening if you ask me.

The highlight of my week, however, was this morning when I was walking out of North Station and saw ELEPHANTS walking down Causeway Street. I really have not been able to contain my excitement. I guess the Ringling Brothers/Barnum & Bailey Circus is in town for a few weeks. I've never been a big circus person, but I can definitely deal with seeing elephants on my way to school.

As far as school goes, things are pretty much the same. Professors are talking about midterms, and I can't believe we are almost halfway through with the semester. I have a lot of work to catch up on this weekend - Take III of my InterFuture Project Plan is due in a week and a half!

When I'm not working, though, I will be spending time at home. We have family driving in from Buffalo, NY today for a weekend visit, so the next few days are sure to be busy!

No comments: