Friday, March 7, 2008

Stress Free Life

Good afternoon, all. It's another beautiful day in the city, and I'm enjoying a shift in Admissions with my lovely fellow Ambassadors.

SGA Executive Board elections are next week, so yesterday was the first ever SGA Open Forum. It was actually really interesting to hear from the candidates and ask them questions. One of the students running for President is a good friend of mine, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! When students aren't involved on campus they often feel disconnected from the SGA and the Suffolk community, but I really think he could work to bring the student body closer together. No matter where one ends up for college, getting involved can make a world of difference. Through my work as a Trustee Ambassador, SU101 TA, Voice writer, and Venture Editorial Staff member, I have had some of the most amazing experiences and made some of the greatest friendships.

The rest of the week went well. No exams or papers due, so things were carefree and I couldn't be happier. Tuesday I spent a couple hours helping conduct interviews for next year's SU101 TAs (SU101 aims to help students with the transition from high school to college). It was fun to be on the other end of the interview process and hear from students. Then, on Wednesday I enjoyed a trip to the MFA with one of my friends. We get free admission with our Suffolk IDs, so it's definitely something to take advantage of.

Next week might be a little more hectic. I have more TA interviews, an English midterm, and a Spanish essay due. I also have to go to Harvard's Museum of Comparative Zoology for my Biology class. So, school is definitely keeping me busy. Classes for next semester are available to look at online now, so I've been planning my classes for the fall. I think I am going to take two classes for my English major and my second Science requirement. I'm not sure what my fourth class will be, but I still have time to figure it out. Hopefully I will be able to sort things out after I go for advising. Every student is matched with a faculty member in their department to help them plan what classes to take. It's been a great asset to me here.

Other than that, not much else is happening. Tonight two of my friends from home are coming into the city to visit me so that should be exciting!

Here's to a happy weekend,
Nicole

1 comment:

Blue said...

Just curious.. did you go to Harvard's MCZ (the collections not on display), or to the Harvard Museum of Natural History, to see the public exhibitions of the MCZ specimens? www.hmnh.harvard.edu.
Thanks. Blue
hmnhpr@oeb.harvard.edu