Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Is it Friday Yet?

I have had the craziest few days. I guess there is no time for senioritis!

On Friday and Saturday I had orientation for my internship at Teen Voices. It was a very long two days, but I am so excited to start working. On the 16th, I will find out which teenage girls I will be working with and which section of the magazine we will be writing for. My first choice is a section called "The Road to College," which I think would blend nicely with my work here in Admissions, but I will be happy with anything! I will be working alongside two girls aged 14-18 for 10 weeks while we come up with a feature article for the magazine. Getting to know and mentoring the girls is also a huge part of my work there. Ah, I am so excited!

Then, on Saturday I went out to dinner with my grandpa, his wife, and her daughter, since they were visiting from Buffalo. We went to the North End (of course), and then did some walking around the city. On Sunday I went home for the day and we all went to brunch. It's nice to go back to the suburbs sometimes, especially when the leaves are falling.

Yesterday I made my way back to my apartment in Somerville and started my new job at Banana Republic. I am a slave to retail jobs, apparently. Everyone there seems awesome, though, and my discount is 50%! Between working there, in Admissions, and as TA, I would like to think that my bank account will stay afloat, but that discount is going to be very dangerous!

I am especially looking forward to the long weekend. I could certainly use a day off to catch up on work and sleep!

No comments: