Sunday, March 1, 2009

One Month

I apologize for my lack in posting - it seems like there is always something to do in London!

It's hard for me to believe I've been here for a month already. I am trying to take in everything London has to offer because before I know it I will be on a plane back to Boston. As part of the InterFuture program, we have a final conference in Amsterdam before we come home, though, so it will be great to reunite with everyone after an exciting semester apart. After the conference, I think fellow Ambassador, Beckee and I are going to do a bit of European exploring, and then of course I will be Bay State bound once again.

As for what I have been up to lately, work has been getting done, but there is still a lot of free time. I am realizing
more and more how unique (and strange) the InterFuture program really is. I am completely on my own schedule - I don't have classes to go to or any day to day obligations at all really. I just need to finish my research in three months, and how I decide to do that is up to me. It makes for a lot of down time, which has made me a bit restless since I'm used to always being on the go in Boston, but I am learning to embrace the chance to reflect on being here. The project itself has been moving pretty slowly, though, so I am hoping things will pick up soon. It has been difficult for me to gain access into schools to interview students and health teachers, but I do have an interview this Thursday so I am hoping it will go well.

Other than that, I am continuing to do the tourist thing and am also anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Mom and Aunt. They are coming in on the 13th for a week-long visit and I am beyond excited to see them. I am going to spend a few days showing them around London, and then we are heading to Paris!

Au Revoir!

No comments: